Sunday, March 27, 2011

None but Jesus

     In the past few days I have become aware of the implications of having a blog. Starting this was not something I really wanted to do, but as I have stated, I felt like God has led me to share my struggles in order to help others with theirs. Please know that in my sharing I am in no way trying to glorify myself, have a pity party or to make you aware that I am in over my head. As a woman :) sometimes I just need to process things through talking, and you happen to be my captive audience. I am amazed by what God is teaching me about myself through this, things that have nothing to do with foster care or adoption. Things that are just showing me that all that matters in the end is Him. If I come across a little crazy, emotional , and overwhelmed, well I am. That's just me. Always. You just now know what my husband has known for years:) In the wise words of an "idol", "a little bit of crazy can change the world". That's what I am hoping for.

     Today in worship, we sang a song I have known for years. But today I sang it in a new way. Hope this touches you today.

                 In the quiet, in the stillness, I know that you are God.
                 In the secret of your presence, I know there I am restored.
                 When you call, I won't refuse. Each new day again I'll choose.

                 There is no one else for me. None but Jesus.
                 Crucified to set me free. Now I live to bring him praise.

                In the chaos and confusion, I know You're sovereign still.'
                In the moment of my weakness, you give me grace to do your will.
                When you call, I won't delay. This my song through all my days.

                There is no one else for me. None but Jesus.
                Crucified to set me free. Now I live to bring him praise.

                All my delight is in you Lord. All of my hope, all of my strength.
                All my delight is in you Lord, forevermore.

               ( None but Jesus, Brooke Fraser)

No comments:

Post a Comment