Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Child like faith

     The Lord never ceases to amaze me. Our family is facing some issues at home that have really left Mike and I feeling drained and unsure if we are on the right path. Satan has such a way of knowing how to hit us where it hurts. At our deepest fear. I guess that's how we know we are on the right path, right.:) Well after a few hours of us talking, trying to work through this "setback", I start making my rounds to talk to each of the girls about what is going on and tuck them in for the night. As I go to talk to Chels, as usual, she is our rock. I know that is sad that in a family of five, our 17 year old is the one that keeps things in perspective, but it is what it is. Her response was for us to cover it in prayer and consider fasting to hear God's direction in it all. WHAT? My child telling me we should all consider fasting?! What do you say to that? Well of course we are praying about it and we will see where God leads us.
     Well, after that conversation, we were able to fall asleep knowing that God is working in the hearts of each of us.That He is teaching us all strength and understanding during this difficult time. The next day when I came home from work, went to my bathroom to change out of my clothes from the day, I see a notecard on my mirror. It is the verse, "Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened for you." Matt. 7:7 What a nice surprise. I walk downstairs to thank Chels for being a spiritual leader in our home and for encouraging me. She has no idea what I am talking about. I look over and see Morg with a little smile on her face. It was her! She says, "I thought it was fitting for our situation." Really Lord? I don't deserve these children.
     I know it probably sounds aweful that during tough times the kids in the family are encouraging the parents, but sometimes that's just what we need. He knows that my number one concern right now is if my children are going to be ok. If they can handle all that lies ahead for us. If He and we have laid a strong enough foundation to weather the storm brewing. So when I say the Lord amazes me, this is what I mean. He meets us right where we are. He has shown me that He is in charge of our family in every way. He is mighty, in deed, and His love is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. That made me cry. God teaches me the most through my kids! Love you all and we are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of those girls! You are a good mama and God is going to share that gift with another child in His timing and in His way!

    ReplyDelete